IF YOUR CHILD IS SELF ISOLATING PLEASE SEE THE INFORMATION SECTION FOR THE WORK THEY NEED TO COMPLETE.
Autumn 1 Term Topics
We are learning all about the UK - the human and physical features of our country,
- To name and locate countries and cities in the UK
- To be able to identify and describe countries and cities in the UK.
- To find out about the hills and mountains of the UK.
- To compare our local area to another in the UK
- To find out about the seas and coasts of the UK.
- To be able to identify and explore the major rivers of the UK.
- To understand the development of London
We are learning about Light.
- To recognise that we need light in order to see.
- To explore the Sun as a light source and identify the difference between night and day.
- To investigate what shadows are and why they are formed.
- To investigate how shadows behave.
- To investigate how the size of shadows change throughout the day.
- To explore how light is reflected from surfaces.
Our theme in R.E. this half term is FRIENDSHIP. We will be thinking about all times and experiences we have needed friends. We will discuss what it means to be a good friend and what qualities Jesus would like us to have in order to be a successful friend.
In class we will be learning all about harvest. We will explore the festival, its origins and the main elements of a Christian harvest festival. We will join with the whole school in order to celebrate this time of year.
- Why do we celebrate harvest?
- How do we celebrate harvest?
- What do we celebrate at harvest?
- What are we actually giving thanks for?
- When do we celebrate harvest?
- Who celebrates the harvest?
- How is the harvest celebrated around the world?
- Why is the harvest celebrated by everyone?
We are learning all about an artist from the UK - L.S Lowry. We not only explore his paintings but we will aim to recreate his matchstick people using paints, sketches and ICT.