IF YOUR CHILD IS SELF ISOLATING PLEASE SEE THE INFORMATION SECTION FOR THE WORK THEY NEED TO COMPLETE.
Summer 2 Term Topics
We are learning all about the Anglo Saxons - How people lived and how we know about them.
To study the archaeological evidence at Sutton Hoo to ask and answer questions.
To find out who the Anglo-Saxons were and where they came from.
To find out who the Picts and Scots were and where they lived.
To be able to use various historical sources to find out about Anglo-Saxon life.
To explore Anglo-Saxon culture including art, music, legends and poetry.
To explore the spread of Christianity in Britain.
To use what has been discovered at Sutton Hoo to draw conclusions about who was buried there.
We are learning about animals including humans. We are investigating the human body and its skeleton. We are completing lots of experiments to investigate this.
- To identify that humans get the nutrition they need from what they eat.
- To identify that a balanced diet is needed in order to stay healthy.
- To investigate which foods different animals eat.
- To carry out an investigation to find out what pets eat.
- To explore human and animal skeletons.
- To find out about how the skeleton supports and protects the body and to investigate how invertebrates are supported.
- To find out what muscles are and how skeletal muscles help us to move.
- To be able to identify and classify carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
- To be able to construct and interpret a variety of food chains.
- To identify the different types of teeth in humans and identify their functions.
- To explore different ways of keeping teeth healthy
Our theme in R.E. this half term is COURAGE. We will be thinking about all times and experiences we need to be brave and have courage. We will also think about how we can be patience, confidence and be apologetic when we aren't as brave as we could be.
In class we will be learning all about rules. This will be explored through rules in our lives, as well as Christian rules for living. We will also explore the rules in other world religions such as Sikhism, Judaism and Islam.
- What are rules?
- Why do we have rules?
- Who makes the rules?
- Who keeps the rules?
- Is there a difference between rules and laws?
- Who makes the law?
- What would happen if there were no rules/laws?
- Are the ten commandments still as relevant today?
- Why did Jesus bring a new commandment?
- Why do religions have rules?
We are learning all about creative art related to our History topic - The Anglo Saxons. We will design and make our own Anglo Saxon brooch and other exciting projects!